Fellow Spanish enthusiast:
The fact that you're here means you're probably already familiar with our Spring Spanish videos and all our teachers.
That's great, thanks so much for learning Spanish with us!
Now, if you're still sometimes struggling with understanding Spanish native speakers (we know, we speak really fast...)
Or you have trouble speaking Spanish yourself in conversations without feeling clumsy, tongue-tied or translating in your head...
Then what you're about to read is going to be an eye-opener. Because here's the thing:
Right now, you’re probably only using 50% of the potential the videos have to make you speak fluent Spanish...
So on this page you're going to discover why that is the case, and I’m going to give you a technique to be able to use 100% of the Spanish you hear in our videos yourself, having it roll off the tongue in conversations with native speakers.
Best of all: that technique only takes 5 minutes a day, so everyone can do it.
After all if with just 5 extra minutes a day you’ll massively increase how much Spanish you learn from our videos, you’d take the time, right?
Here’s how you can do that.
Here's how to make the most out of our Spanish lessons in the least amount of time
As you've probably noticed already, in our lessons, we teach Spanish through a method called Conversation Based Chunking.
As a quick recap, the idea behind it is that instead of having to think of words and grammar rules while speaking, (which often makes you stumble and translate in your head, because you just don’t know what a Spanish sentence is supposed to look like)...
You start by observing native speakers speaking Spanish in full sentences (like our teachers)...
And you identify the exact word combinations they use (chunks). Like:
- Hola, cómo estás. (Hello, how are you.)
- Nos vemos por la tarde. (We'll see each other in the afternoon.)
- Mucho gusto. (Nice to meet you.)
If you then learn such chunks, you’ll bypass grammar while speaking.
After all, if you know a chunk like “por la tarde” or “cómo estás” is correct, because you’ve heard a native speaker say it, why would you even think about prepositions, or verb conjugations anymore?
Does that make sense?
Of course it’ll still be useful to know some grammar, but having fluent Spanish sentences roll off the tongue… that’s only possible by bypassing grammar and speaking in chunks instead.
There's a lot of research into chunks, for example by Gianfranco Coni, a researcher and teacher who holds a PhD in Applied Linguistics:
Now, to use Conversation Based Chunking to its fullest potential and learn Spanish with it, here are the 4 steps you need to take.
- Step 1: Get a lot INPUT in Spanish. Listen to as much Spanish as possible, because that’s where you’re going to practice your listening comprehension and hear which chunks native speakers use… chunks you KNOW are correct. Good news: You're doing that already with our videos!
- Step 2: IDENTIFY chunks in everything you hear. Everything that you want to be able to say yourself as well in conversations. Hey, good news: that's exactly what we do in our videos too, we highlight all the chunks!
- Step 3: Make an active effort to IMPRINT these chunks on your brain. Don’t just listen, actually memorize them... so they're readily available when you need them in conversations...
- Step 4: IMPLEMENT: use everything you learn while speaking Spanish in conversations.
Good news: our YouTube videos help you with step 1 and 2 already.
But chances are, you're not memorizing the chunks consistently yet... or using them consistently while speaking Spanish (if you're practicing your spoken Spanish in real life at all).
Well, if you’re NOT, you’re only getting maybe 50% of the potential of these lessons…
Because if you’d take all the chunks from our lessons, and make an active effort to imprint them on your brain...
THAT’s when they start rolling off the tongue when you're out traveling, or just speaking to your waiter, or people in your community, or anywhere you speak Spanish.
It might well be the missing link to fluency for you!
Luckily we’ve developed an easy way to memorize chunks that only takes 5-10 minutes a day, through something called Cloze Cards.
Here's how it works...
The Missing Link: How Cloze Cards make fluent Spanish sentences roll off the tongue in 5 minutes a day
Let’s say we have a video from Juan about saying goodbye in a conversation, and he mentions Chao, nos vemos (Bye, see you).
(You've now completed step 1 and 2 of Conversation Based Chunking: getting Input and Identifying chunks).
To memorize it, you now put the chunk on a flashcard within the original context where you found it. Like this:
And the answer would be...
Then you memorize it!
If you use an app like Quizlet or Brainscape (like we usually do with our students), you can just take 5 minutes a day to review chunks like this and learn new ones… and you’ll be imprinting them almost on autopilot!
Now, maybe you think, oh that's just a flashcard; but there are several nuances to Cloze Cards compared to normal flashcards that make them work so well to make you speak Spanish.
The reason why Cloze Cards work so well:
- You're learning a chunk: a word combination that you can instantly use in a sentence without needing grammar...
- The Cloze Cards we use contain native-speaker audio which helps you with pronunciation and listening comprehension…
- And you're learning them in the context of a sentence. That's important because it gives you story, a real life connection... it helps you see yourself speaking with the chunks in actual Spanish conversations yourself.
No wonder our Spanish students using Cloze Cards say things like “even just the audio on these flashcards are worth the price of the course for me”.
Now, EVERY video lesson we publish on YouTube contains useful chunks like this... So if you'd just use Cloze Cards like this 5 minutes a day for ALL the videos we publish, imagine how much easier it becomes to speak Spanish!
Is 'lack of time' stopping you?
Now, many of our students say "okay, I understand how it works... but I don't have time to create all these Cloze Cards... or look for the chunks in the videos... and even if I did, I don't have anyone to practice with!"
We feel your pain. It's a lot of work: typing it out, or making them physically... Maybe trying to add audio to them (where do you even find someone to record audio for that)?
Well, here's the good news:
You don't have to create your own Cloze Cards... We've done it for you!
We create decks with Cloze Cards for every single one of our lessons. All lessons we’ve created already in the past (over 300 at the time of recording this video), and all future lessons.
Thousands and thousands of chunks on flashcards.
- A chunking deck with travel chunks...
- Chunks for dating situations...
- Decks for difficult grammar topics...
- Conversation starters...
- Chunks for work situations and job interviews...
- Cultural topics...
- Everything from beginner lessons all the way up to advanced lessons!
And since we’re publishing several new lessons a week, the library is constantly growing.
Here's how much Spanish our students learn with Cloze Cards
To put into perspective how much these chunks could help you, here’s Brian, who learned Spanish with us and imprinted 1000 chunks with Cloze Cards in 90 days and learned more Spanish in these 90 days than all of last year!
That’s only 11 new chunks a day… easily doable in 5 minutes a day, right?
So how can you get your hands on these Cloze Card decks... and practice your Spanish speaking skills with the chunks you're learning?
Easy: we’ve made them all available to all members of our Spring Spanish Inner Circle.
The Inner Circle is our membership for Spanish students who really want to use the full potential of all our lessons to learn Spanish.
Inner Circle Members get access to:
- ALL these cloze card decks
- Transcripts of each lesson so you watch the video and read along to practice your listening comprehension
- Monthly Q&A Calls/Meet&Greets with our YouTubers
- AND speaking groups to practice speaking Spanish with teachers and fellow students, use the chunks you've memorized and feel how they roll off the tongue in fluent Spanish sentences!
Apart from everything mentioned above, in the Inner Circle you also get:
- Conversation Practice: Spanish Speaking Groups on Zoom. We provide the conversation topics, you practice your speaking and listening comprehension with our Spanish teachers and fellow students to use the chunks you learn with our videos!
- Structured Mini-Courses for travel, dating, work, moving to Mexico, grammar, verb tenses, general conversation with Spanish speakers in your community and more. All mini-courses come with our Spanish video lessons, transcripts and flashcards.
- Practice your listening comprehension by watching our Video of the Day. Combined with the transcript to read along and the flashcards, you'll be ready for conversations in no time!
- A direct line to our Spanish YouTube teachers to get to know them on a more intimate level, ask questions, and share your love for the Spanish language.
- Exclusive live Spanish meet&greets by our YouTubers and Teachers every month. Don’t just passively watch videos like on YouTube, here you can also interact with the YouTubers and ask questions! The best way to get to know your favorite teachers in a more intimate setting.
- Voting rights on new YouTube video topics: you can propose new video topics and vote on other people’s proposals, so the videos YOU like or YOU need to improve your Spanish get produced by us. It’s like being a “shareholder with voting rights” in our YouTube channel!
- Last but not least: being part of a community of passionate Spanish students in the Inner Circle, share your experiences, tips, and practice your Spanish.
It's like having an entire Spanish Research and Lesson Production Team at Your Disposal!
Again, to produce all these videos and cloze cards we spend tens of thousands of dollars each year and we're working on it with a team of over 10 people. So in the Inner Circle, you make that entire team work for you to create lessons YOU need.
I think it’s fair to say we could charge quite a lot for the results such a service can give you, considering some courses with just a tutor once a week who’s teaching with a plain old textbook could cost you up to $500 ... and a university course (where you usually just get a professor and some textbooks) can cost upwards of $40k.
But joining our Inner Circle won't cost you nearly that much...
Now, here’s the deal. We don’t like to just talk about how we can help you learn Spanish. We like to SHOW you. To let you experience first-hand how much your Spanish will improve if you start to use the full potential of the lessons.
It won’t cost you $40k to join, or even $500/month.
You can have our whole team working for you, every day, for just $19.99/mo. That’s only $0.66/day.
If you want to support our work and commit to your Spanish studies for 6 months in advance, it gets even better: a 6-month membership is only $90: that's $15/mo, or $0.50/day.
Get started today for free...
And what’s more... you can try out membership now for free for 7 days.
Why would we let you try it without any upfront cost? Well, that way there are no more excuses standing in the way of you mastering Spanish and use it in conversations anymore!
So when you start your free 7-day trial, you'll get instant access to the entire Inner Circle and all the 300+ lesson resources and the live classes.
I think you’ll agree with me that, with everything you’re getting, this is an incredible deal.
So I invite you to create an account right now for free. Then hang out for 7 days, pick the Spanish lessons that are relevant to you...
Use the flashcards. Chat with us, come to the live calls.
And if you love the experience and you notice how much your Spanish is improving already, do nothing. Your membership will start at a preferred membership rate of 19.99$/mo; 66 cents a day (or if you choose for the 6-month membership, it's only 50 cents a day).
If you decide it’s not for you, within 7 days you just go into your account and cancel your membership - or you send us a message. (We also send you a reminder email about the re-bill as well so you don't miss it).
Or when you want to stay around, then in 2,3, 6 months from now, anytime, whenever you want to take a break, you can instantly cancel your membership. You're in full control.
So start your free trial by clicking the button below and join us now. You have nothing to lose or worry about, only amazing Spanish conversation skills to gain!
PS: This free trial offer and the 19.99$/mo price is only available for 200 active members. In fact, since making the offer available we only have 52 spots at this pricing left.
Afterwards, we’ll evaluate (and probably increase) the monthly membership price. So if you’d like to test it all out for free and the lowest membership rate it’s ever been, sign up now!
Still on the fence? Here are three bonuses when you try the Inner Circle now...
1. A taster of our flagship story-based Spanish course, "Los cazadores de tormentas"
We recently finished production of the first season of our brand-new story-based Spanish course!
This new course is set up as a “radionovela” (an audio-based, soap-opera-like story very popular in Latin America).
It’s called “Los cazadores de tormentas” (The storm chasers) and it tells the story of Peter, a clumsy storm chaser from Texas who moves to Mexico in the hope of finding a mythical, once-in-a-lifetime storm, but gets entangled in a storm of drama, fun, passion, and love for the Spanish language and its speakers.
It’s a really fun way to learn Spanish this way, through an engaging story with fun dialogues and characters you can connect with. We couldn’t be more excited that we can finally publish it!
As an Inner Circle member, we’re happy to give you complimentary access to a taster of the first season. You get access to several lessons, flashcards, transcripts, lesson notes so you can try out learning Spanish in an innovative, fun way - and powered by chunks, of course!
Here's what our happy Spanish students say about becoming fluent in Spanish through Conversation Based Chunking:
2. A copy of the Amazon best-selling book "Effortless Conversations", written by Spring Languages co-founder Lukas Van Vyve
Spring Spanish co-founder Lukas wrote an Amazon best-selling book about Conversation Based Chunking. It's called "Effortless Conversations".
It’s available on Amazon for $9.99 right now, but he's happy to give it to you as part of your free trial.
It outlines the whole process of Conversation Based Chunking, from identifying chunks to using them in conversations.
It also contains an entire section on memory tricks that complement the flashcard strategy we gave you today. So it’ll help you make the most out of our lessons and master Spanish even faster.
Upon signing up for your trial, you'll receive a digital copy of this book right away!
3. "Essential Spanish Chunks" Cheat Sheets and Cloze Card Decks
To make trial membership even more of a no-brainier, we’ll also give you access to our “Essential Spanish Chunks Series”: a collection of cloze card decks for the most frequent situations most of our Spanish students end up in, like:
- Essential Spanish chunks for travel
- Essential Spanish chunks for dating and talking with family/in-laws
- Essential Spanish chunks for business
We’re continuously updating this Essential Spanish Chunks series, and you’re getting access to them as a gift as well when you become an Inner Circle member now.